Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Missing Lone Pine from Israel

Hi folks, So I just arrived in Israel, my birthplace, and already I find myself talking to people about Lone Pine and all the adventures we are having there. Its hard to describe what we are doing and why we do it. It takes a bit of time to sink in and there are many questions but eventualy a look of understanding emerges. Here in Israel the issues of water and power run deep since both are so scarce. Solar hot water collectors are on every roof and conservation of fresh water is STRICT. As some of you may know, there have been many advancements made here in Israel in developing agricultural systems for desert climates. I hope to be able to see some while I'm here. Jaime tells me of the challenges we are facing in the PPG greenhouse and of some modifications he is making. There is so much to learn...
Guyver.

No comments: